Re: GConf question

* James Curbo <james teyandei net>:

Fixed now in CVS, there'll be a 0.94 release as soon as muppet can do
it.

Haha. OK, at least it's not me. Thanks a bunch, Emmanuele.

Thanks to you: beta testing is always a great thing.  Especially if it
spots one line bugs that slip unnoticed. ;-)

On a general note though; what I'm using this for is changing Lee's
yarssr program over from config files to GConf. It has a list of feeds,
and right now he's just storing them like this in a text file:

feed1=<url>;<name>
feed2=<url>;<name>
[...]

A list seemed to be the obvious GConf structure to use to me because I
could get and set the list as an array. What would you recommend in lieu
of using a list?

In this case, lists are just enough.  Anyway, I'd use a file in
~/.gnome2, pointed by a key in GConf; but this is just me, and my
personal disliking of GConf's 'list' type.

Regards,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi (Zefram)                 [ http://www.emmanuelebassi.net ]
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 4DD0 C90D 4070 F071 5738  08BD 8ECC DB8F A432 0FF4