Re: GConf question

* James Curbo <james teyandei net> [2004-03-07 19:50]:
On a general note though; what I'm using this for is changing
Lee's yarssr program over from config files to GConf. It has a
list of feeds, and right now he's just storing them like this
in a text file:

feed1=<url>;<name>
feed2=<url>;<name>
[...]

A list seemed to be the obvious GConf structure to use to me
because I could get and set the list as an array. What would
you recommend in lieu of using a list?

Seems to me like you should instead create a new "directory" (not
sure what it's called in GConf parlance) and put the feeds in
there as simple

<name1>=<url1>
<name2>=<url2>
[...]

key/value pairs -- instead of dumping them all into a list which
is effectively a "hash".

--
Regards,
Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."