Re: beta 0.91 released

Chas Owens said:
What is going to be the offical Win32 environment?

ActiveState
Cygwin

what has been tested, and what was referred to in the patch posted a couple of
weeks ago, is native (gdi-based) gtk, which means using activestate's perl.
IMO this is for the best, because this setup has the fewest requirements at
runtime (i.e., you don't have to install cygwin and an X server), although
building it really sucks.

it should be possible to get it build (probably more easily) with cygwin's
perl, but i won't guarantee that it will work with the native gdk -- in fact i
suspect it won't (crtdll.dll clashing with cygwin1.dll).  then again, if
anybody can get it working on cygwin, we'd like to hear about it.

winGS (or what ever it is called)

wuzzat?

I will be happy to test since the only machine I have regular access to is
since my laptop died is a WinME machine.

my condolences, and best wishes for a speedy return to sanity.  :-)

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>