Re: Technical Comparison

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 02:46:15PM +0000, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:

Not true.  There are tools such as SWIG (www.swig.org I think) that take
either C or C++ and generate bindings for Tcl, Perl and many other
scripting languages mostly automatically.  I've used this extensively on
C++ and Tcl - it works a treat.

Unfortunately it is not that easy to export any C++, even if you are
using swig (which I have done quite a lot). There is a philosophical
difference between gtk and qt. gtk was designed from the very beginning
to make it as easy as possible to create bindings. Qt was created
to make a strong C++ tied library. As far as I understand, mapping
the C++ hierarchy of Qt to a script language is quite a feat. Just
compare the number of languages that provide support for Gtk vs
for Qt.

Regards,
Dov