From: John Ralls [mailto:jralls ceridwen us]
Sent: 23 January 2020 23:39
To: David Cooke
Cc: gtk-osx-users-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [gtk-osx-users] gtk2 failing to build + no pangoft2

On Jan 23, 2020, at 10:56 AM, David Cooke <djcooke wintree plus com>
wrote:

Thank you.  In the first instance without freetype, Gtk built
successfully.
It failed to build when freetype was included.

Gtk now builds successfully with freetype and I have pangoft2 at last.
Now
I find I do not have Core Text for pango.

The code I am trying to compile was written for linux using fontconfig and
adapted for macOS with minimal change by making use of atsui fonts.  The
program was originally built for macOS via gtk-osx and jhbuild without
problems.

Now atsui fonts seem to have since disappeared, but a switch from atsui to
coretext fonts should have been straightforward.

Is it possible to get pango built with both freetype and coretext?

It does. The CoreText support is built into libpangocairo-1.0.dylib.