Re: [gtk-osx-users] gtk2 failing to build + no pangoft2

On Jan 19, 2020, at 9:18 AM, David Cooke <djcooke wintree plus com> wrote:

I now have a new problem after starting again.  Given that gtk had
previously failed to build, I ran the following:

rm -r $PREFIX
rm -r $PREFIX/../.cache

jhbuild bootstrap-gtk-osx
jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap meta-gtk-osx-freetype
meta-gtk-osx-core

Now it fails to build harfbuzz: configure is run with option --with-icu and
fails on checking for ICU.

Please always copy the list.

Had you bothered to look at the harfbuzz module in modulesets-stable/gtk-osx-bootstrap.modules you'd see that
it's because icu is a soft dependency and that you need to specify it in your modules list. That's to
accommodate building the webkit1 package that requires icu55, an older version of icu.