From: John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us>
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 4:01 PM
To: Miroslav Rajcic
Cc: gtk-osx-users-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [gtk-osx-users] Pasting images from clipboard

On Feb 15, 2016, at 11:24 PM, Miroslav Rajcic <mrajcic hotmail com> wrote:

I can confirm that this patch works OK. I actually modified sample to use this function (instead of
patching GTK+ itself):

GdkPixbuf *gtk_clipboard_wait_for_image1 (GtkClipboard *clipboard)
{
      GdkAtom target = gdk_atom_intern_static_string("image/tiff");
      GtkSelectionData *data = gtk_clipboard_wait_for_contents (clipboard, target);
      if (data && data->data){
              GdkPixbuf *pixbuf = gtk_selection_data_get_pixbuf (data);
              gtk_selection_data_free (data);
              return pixbuf;
      }
      return NULL;
}

And it reported success.
I suppose this is a temporary code, because it only looks for tiff format?

No, the 'image/tiff' string is just a string. It could just as well be 'foo' as long as it's the same in both
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/gtkclipboard-quartz.c#n863 and
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gtk/gtkquartz.c#n260. Quartz uses a single id, NSTIFFPboardType, for
all image types.