[gtk-osx-users] crash on maximize/unmaximize

I've recently had a report of crashes from a user of my gtk-based app on El Capitan. The gtk version I'm using is 2.24.29. I'm able to reproduce the problem myself: it seems to happen only when you maximize then unmaximize a window (or maximize then use the close button). And it doesn't happen every time; I had a work away at maxing and unmaxing various windows for a few minutes before I got the crash.

I'm attaching the Apple problem report. Not as informative as one would like, I know, but it does seem to show that the problem lies with GTK rather than in my own code. When the crash occurs I'm not doing anything substantive with the app, just resizing or closing windows. The segfault occurs in the function updateTrackingRect in GdkQuartzView.c.

Any suggestions for a fix would be much appreciated.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics