Re: Compiling a GTK application on windows

On 31 May 2011 21:12, Petr Tomasek <tomasek etf cuni cz> wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 12:06:58PM +0200, richard boaz wrote:
>> no, gtk on windows doesn't suck, but at the same time, isn't issued by
>> microsoft either, thus different (wrt IDE's), requiring some "by-hand" work.
>>
>> i have a rather large project, designed under linux, also cross-compiled
>> into windows binaries.  i've gone down both roads of compiling directly
>> under windows (cygwin), and now simply cross-compiling on LINUX, even going
>> so far as to create the install .exe on LINUX.
>
> Could You recommend some "HOWTO" or tutorial? (I mean cross-compiling,
> I don't care that much about cygwin...)

I have my win32 build system on github:

https://github.com/jcupitt/build-win32

It's a few simple scripts plus jhbuild. You can do nice things like
automatic nightlies from git master wrapped up as setup.exe, it's very
easy really. There's a long README.

Similar thing for OS X here:

https://github.com/jcupitt/build-osx

Again, automatically builds a .dmg containing a .app from source.

John