Re: Compiling a GTK application on windows

Hi David,

On Sun, 29 May 2011 19:54:17 +0200 you wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 12:22:11AM +0700, Lothar Scholz wrote:
> > I can't understand why for example this mouse-leave error is not
> > fixed. This is the most serious show stopper, next are the themes
> > and third is the unix build system (at least someone is working on
> > that)
>
> The unix build system is actually one of the best things: you can build
> MS Windows executables completely on the same system where you build
> Unix executables, i.e. on Unix – which is what most OSS projects seem to
> do nowadays.

There really isn't any point trying to make people like Lothar see the
light. Some folks are just so brainwashed into believing that an
"integrated development environment" is the only option on Windows that
they have become clinically incapable of grasping the simple fact that
for anyone who knows what they're doing (and may be doing something
more complex than the Visual Studio "Hello world" example) IDEs
universally just get in the way, and make is your friend.

Cheers,
Rob