Re: Compiling a GTK application on windows

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 7:55 PM, hardeep singh <hardeepmonty gmail com> wrote:
> you can use Cygwin for compilation,
Is it possible to use Visual Studio? or can't VS be used at all?

> minGW can also do,
> you just need all the CFLAGS set, for linking the gtk.h  file,
>
> I had a gtk application which I compiled  as     (file -> test.c)
>
>               cc  `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` test.c
>
> the compilation can be done with any of minGW or Cygwin ( Basically you
> should have pkg-config utility)
I've downloaded the gtk+ bundle for win32 which has all the development files.

> after the program is compiled you can run it under any OS, if you can
> provide gtk runtime environment,
No its not. There will be different binaries for Windows and Linux.

> download gtk runtime environment for windows and install it, after that you
> can run any gtk program on windows.
>
> as it seems through my understandings, this is not cross-compilation, cross
> compilation is for diffrent architectures, not OSes.
Yes that's right. It is called cross-platform.
But they they've mentioned it so,
http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/Win32/Apps

-
Thanks,