Re: WHy do gtk apps ignore subpixel hinting

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy gmail com> wrote:
> Any idea why it does ignore my settings?
> Where does GTK read the font-hinting settings from?

i think you should probably use the LD_DEBUG options to see where each
of 2 apps that have different behaviour get libfreetype from. its not
impossible, for example,
that they are statically linked against their own version with or
without subpixel hinting.

see for more information: man ld.so