Re: WHy do gtk apps ignore subpixel hinting

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Fedora-15 + xfce on my laptop with rgb subpixel hinting enabled,

FWIW, i find the (current) effects of subpixel hinting *extremely*
disagreeable, and with my primary application's latest "bundled" (all
libs included) release, I include a version of libfreetype with this
option disabled, just as it in Fedora 13's libfreetype. I have not
seen any apps on my Fedora13 systems using sub-pixel hinting.

--p