Re: g_io_channel_win32_new_fd()

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tor Lillqvist" <tml iki fi>

If it's not too much trouble Tor, could you let me know the dates for the
versions that you're using and I'll see if I can find a match somewhere?

Oh, the version shouldn't matter, as long as it is the system's
msvcrt.dll. The one in the windows/system32 folder. Make sure that is
the one that gets used,

Tor - I've now had a chance to try all the Release versions and have found
something quite interesting.

Like you, I was confused about why the actual DLL should make any
difference as long as glib and the app were both using the same one.  And
indeed, when I tried a Release build (linking to msvcrt.dll) I found that I
could indeed use any copy, as long as my app was correctly linked to the
corresponding lib.  Curiously, this seems to work even if I link to the lib
that comes with MSVC8 (having said that, Windows is a bit more intelligent
these days about choosing the right DLL for the right app - so that might be
a factor).

Up until that point though, I hadn't been able to make any Debug version
work at all, no matter which DLL and LIB I linked to.  The interesting thing
is after successfully building the Release version, my Debug builds are now
also working and no longer giving me the NULL return value!?!

I don't suppose that'll make much sense to you (it certainly doesn't make
any sense to me) but I'll be happy as long as it lasts.

Thanks for your help,

John