Re: All widget are too fat - theming not working properly

Unfortunately, all (I only tried ~10) these "compact themes" suffer the same bugs. Some are even tinier, but nonetheless dialog buttons, comboboxes etc differ in height across the UI.

I'd be glad if at least I could decrease the dialog buttons' height ... But as it seems that nobody before ever achieved that, I guess it's not possible.

Are there any plans for GTK+ 3.0 in this direction?
Imho, it's becoming more and more important for GUIs and widget toolkits to really look good these days. And this is not all about the theme itself but the GUI layout too. There are indeed pretty cool looking themes. But the GUI layout itself is flawed in most cases.

Imho, linux GUIs in general (GTK+, Qt or whatever) can't stand a chance against a Mac OS X's Aqua UI. I don't talk here about how Aqua/Cocoa looks like but how each widget and functionality is integrated into "the whole", eg. a general way of customing toolbars (yeah, some apps have that, but it looks/works different in every app ...)

Well, I stop here before I get offtopic even more ;-)