Re: gtk.TreeModel.iter_children() method, how often should it be called?

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 1:51 AM, Gerald Britton<gerald britton gmail com> wrote:
> look for the problem.   As it is I'm thoroughly stumped, mainly
> because I don't understand what TreeView is looking for to know it's
> time to stop calling iter_next.

Looking when it's time to stop is not up to tree view.  For a redraw,
tree view makes a single pass through the visible nodes of the model.
In your case the tree view appears to be repeatedly redrawing itself.
This implies that there must be something triggering these redraws.
As I mentioned, this is probably either a model continuously emitting
row-changed (or other changes in the model) or any code calling
gtk_widget_queue_redraw() or resize().

regards,

-kris.