Re: gtk.TreeModel.iter_children() method, how often should it be called?

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Gerald
Britton<gerald britton gmail com> wrote:
> Not using TreeViewSort.  I certainly agree about excessive calls.  So
> the question must then be, "why is TreeView redrawing the view over
> and over again?"  Also, "What is TreeView looking for to make it stop
> redrawing the view?"

TreeView only redraws when it is necessary.  This is, for example,
when the model changes: when a row is inserted or deleted, or when a
row's contents have been changed (in such a case the row-changed
signal is emitted).  Or when the the widget hierarchy implies a
redraw, or any code calling gtk_widget_queue_redraw() or resize() on
the tree view or any widget higher in the widget tree.

regards,

-kris.