Re: lots of Windows problems (pygtk)

Hi.
I developed in PyGtk for two years without too many problems.

Gtk+ can cause problems only if you have different versions together (as for every libraries on the earth), but it is usually easy to remove. Often the path of a Gtk+ installation used together with other application is c:\Program files\Common Files\Gtk\2.0 etc.. You can delete it, also from your environment variables.
In my case Gtk+ needs only a PATH variable on Gtk\bin dir and it works fine.

To create a package of PyGtk application, you can use PyInstaller: it is not so difficult to create an exe in few minutes and then create an Installer with Nsis+Nsis plugin for Eclipse.

--
Marco Bonifazi
http://www.bonifazi.eu