Re: lots of Windows problems (pygtk)

We're using PyGTK for a new little translation app (it's really rough at the moment).

As long as you can get GTK installed and working on your own system, you can pull the GTK files into your Windows installer. We haven't had any problems so far.

Have a look at setup.py under
http://translate.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/translate/src/trunk/virtaal/

The setup script looks for GTK files and pulls them into your Windows installer.

I'd be curious to know if it helps.

Good luck
Wynand

Michael P. Soulier wrote:
Daniel Kasak wrote:
I always use the binaries produced by Alexander Shaduri at:
http://gtk-win.sourceforge.net/home/index.php/Downloads

I ended up using these.

http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/

I find the Gtk+ packaging situation for Win32 ridiculous. Next time I'll
probably just use Java, God help me. At least I can get it to the target
system with a minimum of hassle.

Mike