Re: GtkWidgets and their underlying GdkWindows

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 16:42 +1000, Andrew Cowie wrote:

> I really would have expected the GtkButton and GtkLabel to have
> different GdkWindows. According to this, they're all writing to the same
> one.

GtkLabel is a GTK_NO_WINDOW widget, and so is GtkButton; so the
widget->window is automatically set to the GdkWindow of the first widget
with a window - in this case, the GtkWindow (as all default containers
except GtkEventBox have the GTK_NO_WINDOW flag set).

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,