Re: GtkWidgets and their underlying GdkWindows

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 04:42:22PM +1000, Andrew Cowie wrote:
> We all "know" that some GtkWidgets have their own GdkWindows (ie
> GtkButtons), and some do not (ie GtkLabels). At least, that's what the
> documentation tells us.

GtkButtons don't have their own windows, try for instance
GtkEntry or GtkTreeView.

> 	g_print("0x%X\n", window->window);
> 	g_print("0x%X\n", vbox->window);
> 	g_print("0x%X\n", label->window);
> 	g_print("0x%X\n", button->window);

This prints only 32 bits of the pointer, which means
depending on what you run it on you can easily miss
different adresses.  Why don't you use %p?

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/