Re: GTK+ windows installer confusion

"Timothy M. Shead" <tshead k-3d com> writes:

> ...  My impression from this list is that the official
> recommendation is for applications to each include their own copy of
> the GTK binaries and not rely on a shared GTK installation.

Or rather, let GAIM be the only user of the shared installation of
GTK+.  I installed GAIM 1.5.0, which installs GTK+ 2.6.9.  It worked
fine.  I then installed GTK+ 2.8.18, and my application, and my
application worked fine, but attempts to connect with GAIM failed.  I
tried GAIM 2.0.0 beta 3, but it too only works with its GTK+
installation, and not GTK+ 2.8.18.  I guess I have to change my
installer.

John