Re: Detecting a resize

On Oct 21, 2006, at 3:08 AM, Richard Boaz wrote:
thanks for that, but can you further elucidate?  do you know why is
this so?  in that, how was it decided that a GtkDrawingArea would
auto-create these events for itself while a GtkImage widget does not?

and am i missing something in the documentation?  how could one, from
the documentation, know for which widgets this is true?   this is
essentially hans' question, why is there no widget/signal matrix in
the documentation letting us know exactly how these are all mapped
between each other?  is this a mere oversight, or is there some rhyme
and reason going on i don't get?

I can't speak at all to why some widgets synthesize such events and others don't. However, there is a crucial difference between GtkImage/GtkHBox/GtkLabel, etc., and GtkDrawingArea - the latter has its own GdkWindow, while the former do not (at least as far as I know). Whether this has any connection to the explanation, I'm not sure, but it seems like it might (having not dug in to the code).

- Michael