Re: Detecting a resize

> On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 22:24 +0200, Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema wrote:
>> Well, I don't get configure events on:
>>
>> GtkHBox
>> GtkEventBox
>> GtkScrolledWindow
>> GtkImage.
>>
>> So that doesn't work.
>
> correct. configure_events are sent only to Gtk::Window's

not true.  configure events are nicely delivered to a GtkDrawingArea which
is nothing but a GtkWidget from what the documentation tells me.  (not to
mention i have drawing areas all over the place and the configure event
works just fine.)

The configure event is an aspect of GtkWidget and since both
GtkDrawingArea and GtkImage are derived from this, why does the configure
event propogate to the GtkDrawingArea, but not to a GtkImage?

richard