Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:54:14 +0800
Xyber Blue <xyberblue gmail com> wrote:

>>>checkpoint 3
>>>------------
>>>If checkpoint 2 is ok, run testfont (or testgtk) under LANG=ja_JP,
>>>copy and paste some Japanese text into preview widget. Is it displayed
>>>correctly?
>Im very sorry for the late test about this. We didn't understand last time
>about this step. Now, we are doing this step already and after we paste
>japanese, we can't copy japanese to the preview pane, instead, it diplays
>blank spaces just like the previously attach pictures (*in_eucJP_locale.JPG*
>).

It makes me worried that specified locale "ja_JP.eucJP" is
not working well on the system. I will write small programs
to test them.

Within my preparation, please install "strace" program onto
FR-V. It is a tool to trace all system calls from a process,
and useful to check which directories are scanned, which files
are checked, and which files are opened.

Regards,
mpsuzuki