Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9

>>checkpoint 2
>>------------
>>If checkpoint 1 is ok, lookup "jisx0208.1983-0" in "Font Style:".

>>checkpoint 3
>>------------
>>If checkpoint 2 is ok, run testfont (or testgtk) under LANG=ja_JP,
>>copy and paste some Japanese text into preview widget. Is it displayed
>>correctly?
Im very sorry for the late test about this. We didn't understand last time about this step. Now, we are doing this step already and after we paste japanese, we can't copy japanese to the preview pane, instead, it diplays blank spaces just like the previously attach pictures (in_eucJP_locale.JPG).

>>If anything wrong in checkpoint 1, 2, 3, it means that your gtk+-1.2.9
>>cannot access Japanese fonts.

Do you have any idea on fixing this??? I used gtk+-1.2.9 because gtk+-1.2.10 from ftp.gtk.org has problems in installation even in PC side. Is it possible that the problem is in gtk+-1.2.9??? Is there any method on fixing this???

On 10/26/05, mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp <mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp > wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:43:29 +0800
Xyber Blue < xyberblue gmail com> wrote:

>Here is the attach pics of the dillo web browser that cannot display
>japanese language ont its widgets.

I wish if you had attached them in your first post :-)

Do the checkpoint 3 in my previous post:

* run some application that displays Japanese text, on FR-V display.
  Both of from-FR-V (locally) and from-x86-PC (remotely) are OK.

* run native testgtk on FR-V under env LANG=ja_JP

* choose Japanese font in testgtk's font selector.
  Font:         misc (fixed)
  Font Style:   jisx0208-0
  Size:         13

* copy Japanese text on some application and paste it
  to sample text widget on testgtk.

* pasted text is displayed correctly?