Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9
- From: Xyber Blue <xyberblue gmail com>
- To: "mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp" <mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp>
- Cc: lmczars yahoo com, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9
- Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:54:14 +0800
>>If checkpoint 1 is ok, lookup "jisx0208.1983-0" in "Font Style:".
>>If checkpoint 2 is ok, run testfont (or testgtk) under LANG=ja_JP,
>>copy and paste some Japanese text into preview widget. Is it displayed
Im very sorry for the late test about this. We didn't understand last
time about this step. Now, we are doing this step already and after we
paste japanese, we can't copy japanese to the preview pane, instead, it
diplays blank spaces just like the previously attach pictures (in_eucJP_locale.JPG
>>If anything wrong in checkpoint 1, 2, 3, it means that your gtk+-1.2.9
>>cannot access Japanese fonts.
Do you have any idea on fixing this??? I used gtk+-1.2.9 because
gtk+-1.2.10 from ftp.gtk.org
has problems in installation even in PC
side. Is it possible that the problem is in gtk+-1.2.9??? Is there any
method on fixing this???
On 10/26/05, mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp <mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:43:29 +0800
Xyber Blue <
xyberblue gmail com> wrote:
>Here is the attach pics of the dillo web browser that cannot display
>japanese language ont its widgets.
I wish if you had attached them in your first post :-)
Do the checkpoint 3 in my previous post:
* run some application that displays Japanese text, on FR-V display.
Both of from-FR-V (locally) and from-x86-PC (remotely) are OK.
* run native testgtk on FR-V under env LANG=ja_JP
* choose Japanese font in testgtk's font selector.
Font: misc (fixed)
Font Style: jisx0208-0
* copy Japanese text on some application and paste it
to sample text widget on testgtk.
* pasted text is displayed correctly?
] [Thread Prev