Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9

Xyber Blue writes:
 > When we try some testgtk from PC, it display in our target and we can't
 > pipoint exactly the x-server it used.

The X server used is the one controlling the display where the windows
appear. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System

Many people get confused by the terms "server" and "client" as used in
X11. But it really is very simple. The display and input devices like
keyboard and mouse are managed by the X server, which runs on the very
machine that the display and input devices are attached to (ignoring
stuff like xnest or Sun Ray -style lightweight framebuffer terminals
for now).

X clients (applications) like xterm, testgtk or GIMP can run on any
machine in the net. Running them on the same machine where the X
server runs is just a special (albeit very common) case. Even the
window manager is just another X client, not even it has to run on the
same machine as the X server.

This is all very mature technology, from the 80s. The main idea behind
X11 is that it is a network protocol, it's sad if this is being
forgotten...

--tml