Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9

Possibly, the root of terminology confusion is
the usage of the word X-server, as Mr. Tor pointed.
We had better use real program name on FR-V instead
of "X-server". /usr/X11R6/bin/X is enough?

If my guess is right...

Mr. Tor and me agree that /usr/X11R6/bin/X on FR-V is
configured to display Japanese characters, because
testgtk in x86 PC can display Japanese text on the
/usr/X11R6/bin/X on FR-V.

The reason of missing Japanese text on gtk+ buttons
is different.

Then, next test: if you execute dillo under such environment...

	env LANG=ja_JP LC_MESSAGES=C dillo

Could you find English messages on the gtk+ buttons?