Re: Double buffering while moving in a 'fixed'

On 12/13/05, Andrew Shafer <shafer realmsys com> wrote:
> Inside the fixed I have components.  Components can be any widget and
> they are also associated with a shape mask.  I collect all the widgets
> and masks, then draw them into the fixed and mask them to get a shaped
> window. (the components make use of 'normal' layout tools, like V/Hbox
> etc.)
>
> It all works, but I get a little flicker as you would expect if you
> aren't double buffering.

I do something like this in my app, except without the shaped windows.
I have a fixed containing a lot of eventboxes, then each eventbox
containing a vbox with my contents. I don't animate programatically
much, but I do have the eventboxes draggable with the mouse. It seems
to work OK (even on win32!) and there's no visible flicker.

Some screenshots here:

http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/screenshots.php?page=Version+7-10

John