Can't handle events from combobox?

Hello all.

I'm having troubles trying to catch keyboard events from a combobox.
What I'm doing is a simple
g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(combo), "key_press_event", G_CALLBACK(reset_combo), NULL); just after setting the model and before selecting (eventually) a default for that combo.

reset_combo() just prints an asterisk and returns.

But I can't get that damned asterisk printed :(
"Standard" controls work as expected, but my callback is never called.
Can't see the difference between my grabbing and the grab done by Gtk+ internally in the GtkComboBox source.

Any hint? Something obvious I couldn't see?

Tks,
 Diego.