Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk or gtk--

Tero Pulkkinen wrote:

> But yes, the consepts between qt and gtk+ and gtk-- are very
> similar, so moving between those toolkits will be easier than
> with other toolkits.

Practically all C++ GUI toolkits have a window class and
widget/control classes derived from that. Almost all provide
a device context (window, bitmap, printer..) class, painting
classes (brush, pen..) and a way to connect events to actions
"connect", "signal-slot". I don't see anything that supports
Tero's theory. But maybe some toolkits are more equal than
others.

  Robert

Robert Roebling              "Write once, compile, run everywhere"

wxWindows/GTK       http://wesley.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~wxxt