Re: [gtk-list] Re: Hershey fonts are now supported!!

> > > No offense, but last time I looked at the Hershey fonts, they were
> > >
> > > floated around ideas for putting plug-in font renderer support
> > > into GTK+, and I think that might be the way to go.
> >
> > Hmm. I did not know there was an idea to have a generic font renderer
> > in Gtk. In that case, obviously, there is no reason to include Hershey
> > into the core library. I'll make it add on.
> >
> > Speaking of the general renderer... What is not really clear
> > whether this general renderer will completely

I have a more general question regarding fonts: How would
I print them? The free GhostScript can handle PostScript,
the non-free can handle TrueType as well. So currently
I use PostScript and the Adobe's font metric table to get
the same font representation on screen as on a printer. Any
smarter way than that available or planned?

The X printing extension are a theory and GNOME offers
printing for its canvas widget only (is that still correct?).
There should be a common way for all applications to
print without its authors having to learn PostScript.

  Robert

[Of course wxWindows offers built-in postscript printing,
 using the same interface as drawing into a window or a
 bitmap :-) ]

Robert Roebling              "Write once, compile, run everywhere"

wxWindows/GTK       http://wesley.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~wxxt