[gtk-list] Re: vi bindings, emacs bindings, and all other bindings

Hey, didn't IBM (and some others) have a system for user interfaces called CUA
or something like that?

Why not make that the default for all GTK+ apps and then also allow bindings
for menus, keys, etc. that users like.  The reason I'm proposing this is that
if we don't find some common ground to start this proposal, we're gonna have
everybody jumping up and down trying to get their favorite bindings as the
default.  I've never used CUA knowingly, but it seems that I heard that it was
used as the basis for some apps in the past.

We definitely need a style guide of some kind.  IMHO, that is.

James Gardiner