Re: [gtk-list] Re: vi bindings, emacs bindings, and all other bindings

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, James Gardiner wrote:

> Hey, didn't IBM (and some others) have a system for user interfaces called CUA
> or something like that?
>
> Why not make that the default for all GTK+ apps and then also allow bindings
> for menus, keys, etc. that users like.  The reason I'm proposing this is that
> if we don't find some common ground to start this proposal, we're gonna have
> everybody jumping up and down trying to get their favorite bindings as the
> default.  I've never used CUA knowingly, but it seems that I heard that it was
> used as the basis for some apps in the past.

I thought CUA was the standard "File", "Edit",..."Help" menus, with
Ctrl-C as copy, Ctrl-X as cut, Ctrl-V as paste, and so on.

Brett W. McCoy
                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
"The Number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972