vi bindings, emacs bindings, and all other bindings

Hmmm, vi binding, emacs binding, windows binding, gtk binding... how can we make everyone happy? suppose
someone else wants yet another binding set? I don't think hard coding the bindings, even multiple bindings, is a valid
solution.  In an OS so immensly configurable, with such powerful scripting and aliasing abilities, it'd be pretty... odd to
hardcode that stuff. Joe blow the newbie will want to click "install" and have it in an easy to use configuration that
they're relatively familiar with. The power programmer may want vi or emacs bindings to do their job
better/faster/easier. I think we can make everyone happy, and keep with the power of *nix.

Default bindings are the 'easy' style to satiate newbies and ppl recently saved from m$.
Lite bind scripting is available, plugged into ~/.gtkrc or the apps rc, so some brave vi loving soul will make a vi bind
script, someone else will make an emacs bind script, and whoever else can make whatever else they want. One
function I think a scripting language like this would need is a 'flushbind' or 'nobind' function to disable all default
bindings (to set the new bindings).

Then you could choose any binding you want, and if you don't like 1 or 2 things about a set, you can edit them to suit
you. This probly wouldn't be the easiest to implement... it'd require work on gtk_parse_rc() and the text widget to add
that abstraction. and the entry widget too, I'd imagine. Anything else like that... but in the end run, it'd put the power
with the user, which is one of the features that makes *nix so attractive :) anyone agree?

    -Erik