Re: regarding all the possible functions that can be assigned to PangoCairoShapeRendererFunc func

Note that Pango doesn't really implement font variants. Italic, bold, stretch
etc should work as far as fonts are available. Italic and bold are
synthesized if not available, but not stretch or other properties.

On second thoughts... did you mean that italic and bold are to be synthesized manually by writing code ?
I mistook your statement as, "Italic an bold are (automatically) synthesized if not available."

In that case, do I use FT_Bitmap_Embolden to help me with bold and transformation in PangoMatrix  for styles ??

And, If I can synthesize while rendering, I am concerned how layouting will change. Can you share your thoughts on this ??

Thanks.
--
PangoLearner