Re: regarding all the possible functions that can be assigned to PangoCairoShapeRendererFunc func

On 09/08/2012 10:21 AM, Parth Kanungo wrote:
> I think that it is the presence of these initialized functions that enables
> pangocairo to render different styles(italic/oblique), variants, weights(thin,
> normal, ultraheavy), stretch etc. and other attributes, which are impossible
> to render in pangoft2.

How are they impossible?

Note that Pango doesn't really implement font variants.  Italic, bold, stretch
etc should work as far as fonts are available.  Italic and bold are
synthesized if not available, but not stretch or other properties.

behdad