Re: What's the meaning of the height of layout

On Jul 22, 2010, at 8:01 AM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

On 07/21/10 22:31, langston 单 wrote:

Yeah, if different pango lines have different height, it could explain
my problem described in the previous mail.

But I still want to konw why the line heights are different from each
other?

May be because you've turned off metrics hinting? And then you using the rounded metrics (_pixels versions), so you're seeing accumulated rounding error.

 It is easy to understand if I mix English and Chinese character
together in one paragraph, in this situation, the line height should be different according to differnt languages. But if all the text are only
in English or Chinese, why the same things happened?

I've asked twice already, and you haven't answered yet. How much difference
are you talking about?!

Langston, maybe you could link to a screenshot showing the difference....

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist