Re: What's the meaning of the height of layout

On 07/21/10 22:31, langston 单 wrote:

>   Yeah, if different pango lines have different height, it could explain
> my problem described in the previous mail.
>
>   But I still want to konw why the line heights are different from each
> other?

May be because you've turned off metrics hinting?  And then you using the
rounded metrics (_pixels versions), so you're seeing accumulated rounding error.

>   It is easy to understand if I mix English and Chinese character
> together in one paragraph, in this situation, the line height should be
> different according to differnt languages. But if all the text are only
> in English or Chinese, why the same things happened?

I've asked twice already, and you haven't answered yet.  How much difference
are you talking about?!