Re: Malayalam & SF_PROCESS_ZWJ

Harshula said on Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 01:04:52AM +1000,:

 > I empathise.  ;-) To make  matters more complicated the  goal posts
 > (indic  standards)  keep  moving.  I've  been trying  to  get  more
 > information on  MS's changes  to the OT  spec for Indic  scripts in
 > Vista, but Paul hasn't been very forthcoming.

I have written about this  M$ ambiguity somewhere - they described one
thing in their OT spec, and  then seem to have implemented the other -
at least in case of zwj for Malayalam chillus are concerned.

Is it  essential that we  should implement the Unicode  standards same
way M$ Impliments them?

   ;(

Agreed, that is  a very confusing question, and would  draw flak if it
was asked in relation to any  other branch of engineering, but this is
how life is in programming.

--
 Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/
With freedom comes responsibility.