Re: improvement of font selection

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Petr Tomasek wrote:

> Also I would be very surprised, persian letters would not
> include arabic characters. In fact, I have used persian
> fonts for writing arabic. Can You show me an example of
> a font, that has _only_ persian glyphs?

Some of the farsiweb.info fonts for example don't have the proper
Arabic-style numerals of U+0660..U+0669, as Persian uses
U+06F0..U+06F9.  Or the U+06A4 ARABIC LETTER VEH which is used in
modern Arabic for transliterating foreign names, but not in
Persian, or various other characters encoded in the range
U-0670..U+06D5 that are used in Arabic language of different
countries, as well as other languages written in the Arabic
script.

--behdad
http://behdad.org/

	-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"