Re: GObject introspection for cairo

Il Thu, 22 Jan 2015 09:50:00 -0800 "Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre mecheye net> scrisse:

Cairo-GObject provides access to enums, but it won't automatically get you
great cairo bindings. It might actually get you 90% of the way there,
though, and I'd be interested seeing how far you can run with just that,
and be happy to merge patches that make it easier.

Hi Jasper,

I'm not arguing against developing glue code for cairo. In fact my
specific problem is exactly a missing access to an enum type.

My knowledge on bindings internals is limited, but I think exposing
the GBoxed wrappers can also help the lifetime management of the
underlying types, and I bet memory leaks are the n.1 problems in
language bindings.

Ciao.
--
Nicola