Re: A Gtk's build system ?

<snip>

 [...]
Also, FWIW patterns can generally be used just fine in Autotools -- but
 again, please, don't use them.
Autotools can't correctly use patterns / wildcards, because it
 requires manually re-running automake whenever a file is added or
 deleted.
 http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Wildcards.html

OK sorry for that, I guess the wildcards I saw with Autotools were only in list of files to install (maybe with manual expansion), not to build.

There are pros and cons for both sides, and from experience it depends on that state of the project and the maturity of committing developers.

But this is something to be decided _if_ the buildsystem changes (and I am not saying it does), not to say that this is a trivial change within a wscript.