Re: A Gtk's build system ?

If this ever happens, I hope for waf to get some traction, it is way faster and has the power of py and also prevents all the version incompatibility issues on different host machines as one can ship the waf with the repository itself (or as a git submodule). Not to mention that it is very easy to extend and is well documented with plenty of examples. Enough adv.

There are plenty of alternatives with their strengths and weaknesses so reinventing something here is just plain stupid.

Afaik nobody was/is ready to tackle it so far, and I doubt it will happen any time soon-ish - most of the developers are used to autotools and favor sticking with it for various sane or insane reasons.

Bernhard