Re: Removal of icons in buttons/menus

On 10/10/2013 01:40 AM, Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 1:41 AM, Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org> wrote:
On 10/10/2013 12:08 AM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

On 9 October 2013 23:04, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:

Bastien, excuse me, but Michael's reference to The GIMP was a hint
that GTK (with or without '+' -- no matter), stands for The GIMP
Toolkit.  GIMP, not GNOME.
Proof: http://www.gtk.org/

by the by, this argument would have a bit more weight than zero if
Gimp actually had a released based on GTK+ 3.

GIMP has a GTK+ 3 branch that is constantly kept up to date and if I
remember correctly it took quite a while to do GTK+ 2.24 to prepare
for 3.0. GIMP does exactly the same and finiahes 2.10 first to deprecate
stuff properly before we switch to GTK+ 3. If you think that development
model voids any weight of GIMP, fine. But actually I didn't even make
that "GIMP Toolkit" argument, it was put in my mouth

Michael, I'm very sorry if upset you or undermined your arguments.  It
was definitely not my intention.

Sorry again and please take my excuses.

Don't worry, that connection was easy to make, I realized that
myself after sending the mail :)

Regards,
--Mitch