Re: GSlice vs. tcmalloc vs. jemalloc

On Sat, 2013-05-04 at 22:10 +0200, stefan skoglund(agj) wrote:

Do GSlice use the Solaris feature for memory usage levelling (an
important feauture because of the fact that the SPARCCenter 2000 had
striped RAM.)

Important that in this case that if you hit multiple structs of the same
type for example a tree-walk you should avoid hitting the same memory
bank multiple times in a row.

Ummmm, do you mean the cache coloring stuff?  I.e. so that structs of
the same size get put in different cache lines.

I don't recall mentions of "memory usage levelling"; to what does that
refer?

  Federico