Re: Is GTK+ a cross-platform toolkit ?

Hi Chun-wei, "I'm quite glad to hear about the broadway progress on Windows" As for Broadway, my changes are far from original (were suggested by someone on a list) but it makes it -at least- work on Win32. I just notice in didn't put the source patch along with the binary, will correct that today. See if I can report it upstream, too. "if people are planning to use the MinGW-compiled binaries of GTK+ with applications they write with Visual Studio, they also have to be aware of subtle issues "
I have no experience with MSVC++ compilation, but made the corresponding
.lib files at someone's request. They are in the already existing binary
package on my site (see link in first mail). Original requester said they were OK. So if there are issues, are we putting them in the official .zip archive ? They were in the previous ones.
Regards,
Tarnyko
PS : read your remark a few days ago concerning Resources on bug tracker,
just hadn't the time to check facts.
if people are planning to use the MinGW-compiled
binaries of GTK+ with applications they write with Visual Studio

PS : read your remark a few days ago concerning Resources on bug tracker,
just hadn't the time to check facts.

Fan Chun-wei writes:
Hi Tarnyko, I'm quite glad to hear about the broadway progress on Windows, as that had been brought up on this list some time ago. Is there any chance whether you could post a bug report on your changes (or a link to them) to the GDK/broadway sources so that they will build and run on Windows-it could be something of significant interest here. For my part, for example, would be to try to build that with Visual Studio and see how it goes with that. I have to agree what other people say about installers for the GTK+ stack though, so I would agree a packaged .zip file would be a more ideal choice in terms of distribution-it is a frequent issue that's brought up from time to time. The main issue is, having multiple GTK+ versions on a system (with one installation that is in the system's PATH) can be a source of pain as applications might not find the GTK+ (and related) DLLs that it needs, or it may find older versions of the DLLs, to name some examples. And then, if people are planning to use the MinGW-compiled binaries of GTK+ with applications they write with Visual Studio, they also have to be aware of subtle issues caused by using different versions of the Microsoft CRTs (i.e. msvcrt.dll vs msvcr90.dll, for example). Just some of my take on this issue, but your willingness to contribute is something that's great to hear, at least on my part. :) With blessings, and thank you!