Re: Is GTK+ a cross-platform toolkit ?

Hi Michael,
"Years ago there were gtk runtime installers out and abotu and it was a
right mess.  Some apps would find it and run, others wouldn't.  A new
app would want to install a new runtime, and it would clobber the
existing install, breaking existing apps." Good point here, I personally just had the same problem when publishing my first GTK+3 win32 app. I relied on an installed runtime, but it was so random I ended up putting the binaries in the app's package !
No problem producing a pure .zip file then. The installer was only much more
work for such a minimal gain in all cases.
Regards,