Re: gtk-quartz status

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013, Paul Davis wrote:

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu> wrote:

I recently did a native quartz build of the GTK stack on OS X 10.6.8,
using gtk+-2.24.16 along with latest-stable versions of GLib and all other
dependencies (including FreeType 2.4.11 and fontconfig 2.10.2).

the current quartz backend doesn't really use freetype or fontconfig. you
need them for the build, but CoreText is used instead.

Ah, good to know; maybe I can slim down my gtk-quartz package.

2) More important, right-clicking doesn't seem to work at all. This is on a
Macbook Air. With an X11 build of GTK I can get right-click either via
ctrl-click or two-finger tap on the trackpad. When I switch to gtk-quartz
neither of these actions does anything. (Plain "left-click" is fine.)

no issues with clicks here either. my software (bundled with GTK included)
is reported as working fine on 10.8 as well.

Just for the record, I now see what the problem was. Years ago I picked up from somewhere the idiom of testing for right-click by getting the GdkModifierType via gdk_window_get_pointer() on the GdkWindow associated with
the widget that emitted the button-press signal. In normal
use this is unnecessarily roundabout, since the GdkModifierType is right there in the "state" member of the GdkEventButton, but I didn't notice a problem because the roundabout method works OK on X11 and Windows.

The idiom I was using doesn't work on gtk-quartz, but if I replace my old test with a simple examination of event->state, that works fine.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics