gtk-quartz status

Hello all,

I recently did a native quartz build of the GTK stack on OS X 10.6.8, using gtk+-2.24.16 along with latest-stable versions of GLib and all other dependencies (including FreeType 2.4.11 and fontconfig 2.10.2).

First thing, this looks much better than the last time I tried, so congratulations to those who've worked on it. But I'm seeing a couple of anomalies and I wonder if anyone can tell me if these are "expected" or if maybe I'm doing something wrong.

1) The fonts come out tiny by default (e.g. "Sans 10" is much too small). To get an appearance comparable to that of Sans 10 on an X11 build of the same GTK stack I have to set the font size to 13 or 14 point. (Even then, the font setup doesn't look quite right -- with inadequate line-spacing, giving a somewhat squashed-up appearance.)

2) More important, right-clicking doesn't seem to work at all. This is on a Macbook Air. With an X11 build of GTK I can get right-click either via ctrl-click or two-finger tap on the trackpad. When I switch to gtk-quartz neither of these actions does anything. (Plain "left-click" is fine.)

Thanks for any guidance on getting a fully functional gtk-quartz setup.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics